Wednesday, August 1, 2007

IT"S FRIGGIN HOT AT YOUNGERS!!!!!


Went out to Younger's Creek today at 5PM. I figured it would be empty because everyone was training for Waverly. I did not make it up any of the switchbacks. I maybe tried one. I couldn't even give it the old college try. It was just too hot and it just drains me. I had some ice cold water in the pack but I tried to conserve it for the long ride.
The terrain at Youngers was a bit more gravelly then I remember (is that a word?). I had a hard time pushing my speed (and confidence) on the turns. I tried to enjoy myself but I kept imaging my girlfriend and a search party finding my dried up corpse after a few days. Around the creek crossing the sensor of my computer snapped off and I have no clue where it went. Anyway, I rode all the trails and went back out the front. All and all I had fun, it was just I had to leave by 6:45 to make a dinner date in Louisville.


The political season is well underway and it's time to read the news, listen to the debates, and read the political blogs. I was thinking about if the country is more political or I do I just notice it more? I think I have narrowed my choice to two candidates. Now if they don't do or say anything stupid for a year, they may have my vote. So maybe I'll reveal my choices at a later time. Who knows?

There has been a big change that happened to kymba maybe almost a year ago. Call me naive but I think it was for the best. Locally we have reopened Cherokee and added more trail to Waverly. I think all that has happened just a few months is remarkable.


All that said, Melissa and I were in the car and the James Brown song, Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved came on the ipod. After a few minutes we both remarked how "on another level" that tune is to everything else. There were some serious musicians in that group that knew how to groove. The song musically to me is a cross between James Brown's Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1 and The Grunt pt 1, by the JBs. MAN CAN THOSE GUYS JAM!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2n0nhj2vqh

No comments: