Sunday, August 19, 2007

WERE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the abscence folks. Last week I had lost high-speed access so I was unable to load songs. I figured out the problem and we're back.......And I was a bit lazy last week.

Last Wednesday's Kymba ride was a better experience. I think the racers thought we were too slow and the newbies thought we were too fast. So this week was a new group, apart from myself and Dulin. I got there early and hooked up with Rico and Marv. Marv ducked out and Rico and I did the golf coarse loop. At the bottom of the loop I endoed. It was super slow-mo. I'm lucky that I wasn't knocked out. Then on the way back, a crackarm came off the bike, still attached to my foot. Rico jokingly thought that I should have called it a day after that. I decided to press on. Even with the heat, I still had fun. I think that I need to to a road ride next...for the hell of it.

Friday night I played a song with Sarden Wells, a band featuring Drew Sellars. Drew weaved many musicians in and out, me playing on Fugazi's Repeater. The set featured Neil Young's Cortez the Killer to the closer: Oh La La by the Faces. Drew's style seems still in development. His originals went from country to Flaming Lips to Nick Drake. Not bad styles at all. I have always said that every artist needs two albums-worth of material till they start finding their own voice. (BTW, that's us in the pic if you didn't already guess)

Heres some hip-hop to get the gears turnin!:

Eric B and Rakim, Microphone Fiend :

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lz9zfpht2x

Divine Styler, Before Mecca :

http://www.mediafire.com/?330y2vzhcwp

No comments: