Sunday, August 26, 2007

Long Weekend


Saturday night I was at the Paurhous to see Vrktm. The other bands were The Final Run Ins, Boxmaker, and Rude Weirdo. I didn't know who was who besides Vrktm. It was old-school night evidently. There were lots of people I hadn't seen together in 15 years. My brothers old friend John, affectionately nicknamed "Atskoo" was playing drums in the first band that I saw. They played some old school punk, heavy on the thumpty-thump w/ chanting. I liked their energy. I knew the guys second band, Ben and Matt. They tried to do some driving speed-punk. 12 years ago those guys were "too cool" for the punk they embracing now. I like Ben, but those guys always struck me as which-way-is-the-wind-blowing-? type of guys. Lets just leave it at that. Vrktm was great as usual. Their new stuff is really tight. They have yet another guy in the band.................

I had a good ride on Sunday at Otter. I met up with Scopes Monkey, Randy, Yellow Y (framed bike) and Brian T. Brian and YY had bike problems off the bat. YY had a rear triangle crack and Brian had shifting problems. Brian bailed out first when we couldn't fix it the shifting problems. Yellow Y's crack (on the bike) a gotten larger during the coarse of the top loop so he bailed as well. During our run to the creek I got a flat. We had a hard time getting the tire off the rim. After it was on, the tube wouldn't inflate because we punctured the new as well. My ride was over and walked the bike back to my car. A guy passed me in his car (carrying a MTB). I was a bit pissed because he didn't stop to see if I needed help. I know people have the right to not help but COME ON, common courtesy!?! He came up to me later and tried to apologize for not picking me up because his car was full. I told him that he could have at least let me borrow his pump. He walked by as if he didn't even hear me! I don't know, I don't think I was wrong. But it really pissed me off.

I had been a bit burned out about riding lately. Maybe because I had been having bad luck on each ride lately. I was having a good ride until the flat really bummed me out. Here's to turning this around:

Queen: Bicycle Race
http://www.mediafire.com/?fxmdcwnoy0u

Pink Floyd: Bike
http://www.mediafire.com/?1bosykn3nxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're a fucking douche!!! final run ins punked out!!!!
ben and matt have long dripping cocks that break pussy in half