Monday, September 24, 2007

On to Utica!

Yesterday i did a road ride to Utica, Indiana. Greg called me up and said the route was about 20 miles. I met up at Greg's (in the Highlands) and picked up Mark. It's a pretty flat ride except for crossing the Second Street Bridge. A truck zoomed by my and it felt like it was going about 65 mph. There were some bad mesh grading all along the bridge as well, I get to that later. We went along the river road past Jeffboat. There was a nice breeze coming off the river and not too much traffic. It's been a long time since I've do a road ride with outer people. It's refreshing to shoot the shit. Mark and I even started talking about biochemistry! We saw lots of other riders along the way, doing the same route. I ended up blowing a tube on a grading on the bridge. Luckily I had all the tools and it didn't take me long to fix it. I blew ANOTHER tube about half a mile from Greg's. Greg picked up my car and drove it to me. My day was DONE!. All in all it was actually a total of 30 miles from Greg's to Utica and back. I'm going to try it from my house soon, if and when it cools down.

The Penetrators, Shopping Bag
http://www.mediafire.com/?9bdjyxxy4ye

No comments: