Monday, July 30, 2007

PJ Harvey



Now that I've learned how to post videos, I'll post another. This a live version of the song "Dress" by PJ Harvey (from Dry). I think I first heard about her from Drew Wilson in the early 90s, Drew is a maniac and I think he used to tape hours of MTV. This lady can rawk, groove, and quiet it down. I have always thought of her as particularly unique because she wasn't girl-power or I'm-a-slut-listen-to-me type rocker chic. Her voice has a sexual quality to it and her song lyrics can go from deeply personal to textured ambiguity. After high school, my girlfriend at the time broke up with me and I'd list to her album Rid of Me over and over. It was a bad idea because it brought Check her out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For real! Pj Harvey is THE shit. I just bought a bio on her that's pretty decent if you wanna borrow it, just let me know.