Saturday, July 28, 2007

Detroit at the Nachbar






Matt and I went to go see a band from Detroit called I Crime. They were playing at the Nachbar in Germantown . I Crime is a power trio featuring a guy and gal on giters with a drummer. Is there a shortage of bassists in Detroit. The two sang with great harmonies. The drummer was talented and I stared at him as I often do a great drummers. Watching him made me thing of my kit rotting away in various pieces all over the city. Matt was more focused on the chick's guitar. It was some type of hallowbody pawn-shop type guitar.



Matt and I were hammerin down the Newcastles and my energy was directed at shooting the shit. I was getting loaded and so we started people watching. The next band had already come on and I only saw them during trips to the bathroom. Sorry guys.

BANG! the alarm went of at 8AM today. I had forgotten why I had set it. I had to do trail work today at Waverly Chris, Eric, Mike (mostly Mike) and I put in two bridges in the new section of the park. I hope to go out there tomorrow and post some pics. The race is a week away and we hope to have this section of the park finished by then. The Metro Parks guys: Eric and Larry were very helpful and did most of the cutting and digging. The used the dingo to carve most of the sections. Go check it out!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lookin good...will keep watchin for more...
peace
hellmich