Friday, October 5, 2007

90's Nostalgia (Late)




Sorry I'm late, I was at Sal Hollow all weekend. I'll write about it Monday

Okay, Wednesday's show. We showed up at precisely 7:30PM. I hate going to show that early. No drinking time at all. The show was at the riverfront's Great Lawn. I was anticipating to see hipsters crawling over the place. There were a few, but not many. This is the hipster outfit for a girl: Big homeless woman sunglasses, a black and white vertically striped shirt, tight blue jeans, and a giant purse. The guy also wears the tight and a plaid button down shirt. They have greasy mop top hair. When they watch a band, they only feign slight interest in the band but usually act too cool to be in the room. I people watch when I'm out there people!

First up was LCD Soundsystem. They started out with Us vs. Them (not the Pink Floyd song). They were great. They were energetic and interesting. The guitar player really rocked out! They were just a fun band. The sang their harmonies well and engaged the crowd. The weirdest connect was that I thought that they had a bit of the Genesis/Lamb Lies Down-era sound to them. Go check them out.

Okay, lets get to Arcade Fire. I got the impression that most of the people there were there to see them. First of all, that's an aweful band name. Next, I think that the public gets seduced (suckered in) by a band with more than 5 members. All those people on stage........they must be good (See Polyphonic Spree)!?! I just don't get it. The guy can't sing. Even with all those people singing along, he had no voice. They had NO hooks to their song. I judge a band if I can remember a lyric or melody afterwards. None. Next, every song had the same beat/tempo. I turned to someone and asked , "Didn't they just play that song?" They weren't that impressive. I pissed everyone around me by voicing my distaste. BUT WE HAD TO LIKE THEM BECAUSE WE PAID $40 APIECE TO SEE THEM! They were done a great disservice by letting LCD Soundsystem open for them. And what's with the Children of the Corn outfits? They blow. They'll be forgotten in 2 years. The girl singer has talent though. Maybe she needs to go solo.

LCD Soundsystem, Us vs. Them (clip):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0cbxjjmnvma

And a band from the 90's, who could rawk with more than 5 members; The Web, Handcuff Hoax:

http://www.mediafire.com/?akmz12mebnz





No comments: